Asbestos was used as a building material in the United Kingdom extensively from the 1950s to the mid-1980s. It was used for a range of purposes for fireproofing and insulation. Any building built before 2000 (houses, offices, factories, hospitals, schools, etc) may contain asbestos. Asbestos materials in good condition are safe unless asbestos fibres become airborne, which can happen when materials are damaged.
If you are unsure whether your property has any asbestos containing materials (ACM) please call us. Do not try to remove the material yourself. We can take a sample, then have it tested at an approved laboratory to put your mind at ease.
• Asbestos related illnesses kill over 4000 UK tradesmen each year.
• ACM disturbance releases fibres into the immediate environment.
• Potential issues may have been highlighted in a home report.
For asbestos surveys and risk assessment services, get in touch with Glenarm, in East Sussex, today.
Call 01273 843379
How can Glenarm help?
Glenarm have a wealth of experience in this field and have helped many families rid their homes of asbestos. Due to the associated health risks it is best to seek professional advice and we will happily answer any questions you have.
• We offer a prompt sampling service.
• Samples are analysed at UKAS accredited laboratories.
• Fast turnaround of results.
• Our surveyors are British Occupational Hygiene Society BOHS qualified.
Common domestic sources of asbestos are:
• Asbestos insulation
• Asbestos coatings
• Asbestos cement roof sheets
• Textured coatings (eg. Artex)
• Radiator Insulation
• Corrugated Cement Roof Sheets
• Water Tanks
• Electric Fuse Boxes
If you are concerned that your home may contain asbestos, call Glenarm Asbestos management today to book in a visit from one of our trained professionals.